We believe it is our social responsibility as a brand to be as sustainable as we can where we can. As we grow and become bigger we plan to make constant changes to become more and more sustainable.
All of our products are knitted, manufactured, printed and shipped from Melbourne, VIC. Our materials used are also sourced from within Australia. We are proudly 100% Australian sourced and made. We don't aim to make products at the cheapest price, we strive for ethical products, quality and comfort.
Our little gift bags we include are made of Burlap. Burlap is biodegradable and compostable. In the production of burlap there is no known significant damage to air, water, land, soil, forests, etc. These little gift bags are also re-usable.
We use 100% recyclable packaging for our products. From the boxes to the tissue paper all is recyclable. Here is why we use recycled cardboard sourced from within Australia:
1. It is one of the materials with the least environmental impact. Its manufacture means a reduction of up to 60% in CO2 and oil emissions compared to other materials.
2. It is 100% recyclable and biodegradable. Corrugated cardboard degrades completely within a maximum period of one year. As it is basically cellulose, its decomposition time is scarce and if it is exposed to favourable weather conditions, i.e. it is in a humid environment, this degradation accelerates even more.
3. Minimizes waste generation. Reduce, Reuse and Recycle: this is the way to avoid the unnecessary consumption of cardboard.
4. Recycled cardboard does not lose durability or resistance. After recycling, corrugated cardboard does not lose quality or properties and is also more economical.
5. Recycling cardboard allows us to save energy that can be used in the manufacture of other resources. 90% less water and 50% less electricity are needed to make them.
Thank you for your help in supporting us and our ethical goals,
KING ST APPAREL.